- Provides consolidated, real-time management and monitoring for Flow Sensors, Packet Sensors, and Filters, installed on the same server or distributed across the network
- Its rich HTML5 user interface is accessible from major web browsers that run on desktops or mobile devices. Supports HTTPS encryption
- An intuitive and easy-to-use navigation allows drilling into the live monitoring results
- You can add any number of custom dashboards with over 30 highly configurable widgets. The predefined dashboards allow you quickly to start monitoring networks, services, servers and software components.
- Permits role-based authenticated access for an unlimited number of users with fine-grained security profiles. Supports Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) capabilities like:
- Customized web portal login page
- Only traffic/alert information relevant to the client is visible
- Users can change their passwords
- Operators can create profiles within their scoped view
- Users can view traffic reports for their scoped view and their configured profiles including application, protocol, top talkers reports, ongoing and recent anomalies, etc.
- Users can be authenticated locally or remotely by cascaded LDAP, Active Directory or Radius servers. Allows having perpetual sessions with cookie-based authentication
- Supports IP grouping for segmenting networks into departments, customers, data centers, server clusters, etc. Supports Device grouping to ease the management of very large networks
- Graphs are animated and generated on-the-fly for live reporting. Bandwidth histograms contain 95th percentile values for burstable billing
- You can view reports of the last 5 seconds to the last ten years by selecting any custom time period. Complex reports can be emailed automatically to interested parties at preconfigured intervals of time
- All reports can be emailed from Console or exported as PDF files for easy printing. Export tabular data as Excel spreadsheets
- A dedicated Flow Collector interface allows easy navigation into flow records and provides compelling statistics and summaries
- A dedicated Packet Tracer interface allows you to capture packets using just a few clicks and then view packet dumps in detail in a Wireshark-like web interface. Displays packet captures in raw hexadecimal data and ASCII data for inclusion in regular expressions
- A dedicated BGP Operations interface allows you to send BGP/FlowSpec prefix updates for remotely-triggered BGP blackholes. Bgpd can be managed directly from Console
- Monitors the status of each appliance, including vital information about processed traffic, CPU, RAM and NIC usage. Sends alerts on errors and overload conditions (e.g. process error, CPU load, high memory consumption, free disk space > 95%, etc.)
- The interface supports white-labeling and rebranding.
- Users can choose between 5 user interface themes: Accessibility, Azenis, Blue, Grey and Ubuntu
- Console bookmarks let you save frequently used, manually-entered data to be reused at a later time. A "Quick Search" button permits direct access to relevant reports
- Integrated web-based tools that provide:
- IP information (reverse DNS, domain URL, IP range, AS, ISP, country, ping, traceroute, whois)
- Lists of autonomous systems, TCP and UDP ports, IP protocols
- IPv4 Subnet calculator
- World Clock
- The recorded data are stored in an internal SQL database that can be queried and referenced, and is easy to backup and restore
- Manipulate IP Zones and Sensors from the command line interface or custom scripts
- Provides contextual documentation in the GUI to help users understand the functions in each screen; includes a configuration wizard
* Other Linux distributions should work but have not been tested yet.
||64-bit server (x86)
||2.4 GHz dual-core Xeon
||RHEL / CentOS 6 or 7; Debian 6, 7 or 8; Ubuntu Server 12, 14 or 16; OpenSuSE 13
||15 GB (including OS) + additional storage space for graphs data
The Console server stores the database and centralizes all operational logs, graphs and IP accounting data.
Console does not have a limit on the number of managed components. The performance of Console is determined by its settings, as well as the performance of the server and the performance of the applications it relies on: MySQL/MariaDB, Apache HTTPD and PHP.